We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site, Learn more.
To log in to your USAA Credit Card Account, follow these steps:
- Register for Online Access: Start by registering your USAA credit card for online account access. Click on “Register For Access” and provide your USAA number or Social Security number to verify your credit card account.
- Choose Username and Password: Next, select your USAA username and password. Your username must be a minimum of 5 characters and should include special characters (if desired), with no spaces. Your password must be at least 8 characters long and include at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and one number. It cannot start with an uppercase letter or end with a number. Remember that the password is case-sensitive and can contain special characters.
- Log In: Once you have your new USAA credentials, visit the USAA website or mobile app’s login page. Fill in the “Online ID,” “Password,” and “PIN” fields with your new credentials. Afterward, click on “Log On” to access your account.
Following these steps will allow you to successfully log in to your USAA Credit Card Account online.
Once you’ve signed up and logged into your USAA credit card account online, you can perform several tasks:
- Pay Your Credit Card Bill: You can use the online platform to make payments towards your USAA credit card balance.
- View Credit Card Statements: Access your credit card statements to review your transaction history, purchases, and charges.
- Monitor Account Activity: Keep an eye on your account’s recent transactions and activities to stay informed about your financial situation.
- Update Account Information: You have the option to modify your account details, such as passwords and automatic payment settings, as needed.
In case you forget your login information, follow these steps:
- Visit the USAA login page.
- Click on the “I need help logging on” option.
- Follow the provided prompts to reset or retrieve your username or password, ensuring you regain access to your account securely.
This process allows you to manage your USAA credit card account efficiently and offers a straightforward way to address login issues if they arise.
How can I pay my USAA credit card?
To pay your USAA credit card, you have several options:
- Online: Log in to your USAA online account, click “Pay Bills,” choose the payment amount, date, and source.
- Mobile App: Use the USAA mobile app, log in, select your card, and tap “Pay Bills.”
- Phone: Call (800) 531-8722, follow the prompts, and enter your card details.
- Mail: Send a check or money order (no cash) to:
USAA Credit Card Payments
10750 McDermott Fwy
San Antonio, TX 78288-0570
- In Branch: Make a payment at any USAA branch during regular business hours.
Remember, if you mail your payment, send it at least 5-7 days before the due date and include your credit card number on the check.
How do I check my USAA credit card balance?
You can check your USAA credit card balance in two simple ways:
- Online: Log in to your USAA account on their website, and you’ll be able to see your credit card’s current balance.
- Phone: Dial 1-800-531-8722 and follow the automated prompts. The system will read your current credit card balance to you.
How to get a new credit card from USAA?
To obtain a new credit card from USAA, follow these steps:
- Visit usaa.com or use the USAA Mobile App.
- Log in to your credit card account.
- Look for the “card replacement” option in your account settings.
- Follow the prompts to replace a lost, stolen, or damaged credit card.
This process allows you to easily request a new USAA credit card through their online platform or mobile app if your existing card is lost, stolen, or damaged.
How can I get pre-approved for a USAA credit card?
To get pre-approved for a USAA credit card, you typically need to receive a pre-approved offer through mail; there’s currently no online pre-approval check available.
Here’s what you should know before applying:
- Eligibility: You must be eligible for USAA membership, which usually requires being a member of the U.S. military or an eligible family member of a military serviceperson.
- Card Selection: USAA offers credit cards for various credit levels, so choose one that matches your credit history. Most USAA cards require good credit or better, but if you have bad credit, you can consider their secured credit card options.
Instead of relying on USAA’s pre-approval process, you can:
- Check Your Credit Score: Knowing your credit score helps you understand which USAA cards you’re likely to qualify for. USAA generally requires good credit or higher.
- Use Online Tools: You can use tools that match you with credit cards based on your credit score and spending habits. WalletHub’s CardAdvisor tool is an example.
- Contact Customer Service: As a USAA member, you can call (800) 531-8722, provide your member ID, and speak to a credit card specialist for advice on the best USAA card for your needs.
If you’re not a USAA member yet, you can check your eligibility and join online.
Consider your own needs when choosing a USAA credit card:
- For good or excellent credit and the intention to pay the balance in full each month, focus on USAA’s rewards credit cards.
- If not, consider cards with a 0% introductory APR on new purchases or balance transfers.
While you can’t check for USAA credit card pre-approval online, if you’re eligible for USAA membership, you should be able to find a card that suits your credit profile.
What’s the average USAA credit limit?
The average USAA credit limit varies depending on the type of card:
- Secured cards: The average credit limit for USAA secured cards is typically around $1,000.
- Unsecured cards: USAA unsecured cards generally have credit limits ranging from $3,000 to $5,000.
USAA does not typically offer credit limits beyond $50,000 across all its credit cards. If you want to increase your credit limit and have a card other than the Classic or Secured one, you can request an increase online. However, it’s important to note that making such a request may result in a hard inquiry on your credit report.
USAA also offers automatic credit limit increases every 12 months for eligible cardholders. To increase your chances of receiving an automatic increase, it’s crucial to consistently pay your balance in full and on time.
The bottom line
To access your USAA credit card account online, follow these steps:
- Visit the USAA website or open the mobile app.
- On the login page, provide your username and password in the designated fields.
- Click the “Log On” button.
- You will then be able to access your online account.
If you do not have an existing account:
- Start by clicking the “Register For Access” option.
- Follow the instructions to set up a username and password for your new account.
These steps will allow you to log in or create an account for your USAA credit card on their website or mobile app.