We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site, Learn more.
The TJX Rewards Credit Card is a credit card tailored for people who often shop at TJ Maxx and related stores such as Marshalls, HomeGoods, and Sierra Trading Post.
When cardholders use this credit card to make purchases at these stores, they earn points. Specifically, for every dollar spent at these affiliated stores, users receive five times (5x) the number of points.
These points can then be redeemed for various rewards or discounts at these stores, providing an incentive for customers to continue shopping at TJ Maxx and its associated brands.
There are two types of TJ Maxx credit cards: the TJX Mastercard and the TJX Store Card. You can’t choose between them; the card you get depends on your creditworthiness. If you have good or excellent credit, you’ll likely get the Mastercard, while those with fair credit get the store card.
Both cards offer a 10% discount on your first in-store purchase. They also provide 5 points (equivalent to 5% cash back in store credit) for every $1 spent at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, and Sierra Trading Post.
However, the TJ Maxx Mastercard gives you only 1 point per $1 spent at other stores, which is below average for rewards cards. These cards are not suitable for carrying a balance due to their high annual interest rates, which are much higher than the industry average for both excellent-credit and fair-credit cards.
TJX Credit Card key features
Let’s break down the key terms for the TJX Credit Card:
- Accepted Credit Scores: The TJX Credit Card is available to people with “Excellent Credit” and “Good Credit.” This means that individuals with a strong credit history and responsible financial habits are more likely to qualify for this credit card.
- TJX Credit Card Annual Fee: This credit card does not charge an annual fee. You won’t have to pay a yearly fee just for having the card.
- TJX Credit Card APR on Purchases: The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for purchases made with the TJX Credit Card is 32.24% (variable). This is the interest rate you’ll be charged if you carry a balance from month to month.
- TJX Credit Card Balance Transfer: This credit card does not allow balance transfers. You cannot move existing credit card balances to your TJX Credit Card at a different interest rate.
In summary, the TJX Credit Card is designed for individuals with good to excellent credit scores, it has no annual fee, but it comes with a relatively high APR for purchases, and it does not permit balance transfers.
TJX Credit Card rewards
- 10% off your first purchase: When you use your TJX credit card for your first purchase, whether it’s online or in a physical store, you get a 10% discount on the total cost.
- Earning Points:
- You earn 5 points for every $1 you spend at specific stores like T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Homesense, both in the United States and Puerto Rico, and also when you shop online at websites associated with these brands.
- For all other purchases made elsewhere, you earn 1 point for every $1 spent.
- Point Expiry: The points you accumulate do not have an expiration date, meaning they won’t disappear if you don’t use them immediately.
- Reward Certificates: Once you’ve earned 1,000 points, you receive $10 in TJX reward certificates. These certificates can be used as a discount on future purchases at the participating stores or online.
In summary, the TJX Credit Card offers several benefits:
- A 10% discount on your first purchase.
- 5 points per $1 spent at specific stores and their associated websites.
- 1 point per $1 spent elsewhere.
- Points don’t expire.
- You get $10 in reward certificates for every 1,000 points earned, which can be used for discounts on future purchases.
TJX Credit Card’s additional info
Here are more detailed information about the TJX Credit Card:
- 0% Fraud Liability: This means that if unauthorized transactions occur on your TJX Credit Card, you won’t be responsible for any charges. The credit card company will cover these costs.
- Identity Theft Resolution: If your identity is stolen or compromised while using this card, TJX provides assistance and resources to help you resolve the issue.
- Cash Advance Fee: When you take out a cash advance using your TJX Credit Card, you’ll be charged a fee of 4% of the amount withdrawn, with a minimum fee of $10.
- Cash Advance APR: The annual percentage rate (APR) for cash advances is 29.99%. This is the interest rate applied to the amount you’ve withdrawn as a cash advance, and it’s typically higher than the APR for regular purchases.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: There is no fee for using your TJX Credit Card for purchases made in foreign currencies. This can be advantageous when traveling internationally.
- Smart Chip: The card comes equipped with a chip-and-PIN technology. This enhances security, as you’ll need to enter a PIN when making transactions, adding an extra layer of protection against fraud.
- Max Late Fee: If you miss a payment or pay your bill late, the maximum late fee you can be charged is $38.
- Max Overlimit Fee: There is no overlimit fee, meaning you won’t be charged for exceeding your credit limit.
- Max Penalty APR: The card does not have a penalty APR. Some cards increase your interest rate if you miss payments, but this one doesn’t.
- Grace Period: You have a grace period of 23 days to pay your balance in full after the billing cycle ends without incurring interest on new purchases.
TJX Credit Card pros & cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the TJX Credit Card:
- No Membership Fees: The TJX Credit Card does not charge any annual membership fees, which means you won’t have to pay to keep the card.
- High Rewards Rate: This card offers a high rewards rate, allowing you to earn rewards or cashback on your purchases, which can save you money in the long run.
- 10% Discount Initial Rewards Bonus: As an incentive, you can enjoy a 10% discount on your first purchase made with the TJX Credit Card, giving you immediate savings.
- No Intro APR on Purchases: Unlike some other credit cards, the TJX Credit Card doesn’t provide an introductory 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on purchases. This means you’ll start accruing interest on your purchases right away if you carry a balance.
- No Balance Transfers Allowed: If you’re looking to transfer a balance from another credit card to save on interest, this card doesn’t offer that option. You can’t use it for balance transfers.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: When you use the TJX Credit Card for purchases outside the United States, you’ll be charged a foreign transaction fee, which can add extra costs to your international spending.
- Requires Good/Excellent Credit: To be eligible for the TJX Credit Card, you need to have a good to excellent credit score. If your credit score is below this range, you may not qualify for the card.
In summary, the TJX Credit Card has benefits like no annual fees, high rewards, and an initial discount, but it lacks introductory APR on purchases, doesn’t allow balance transfers, charges foreign transaction fees, and requires good or excellent credit for approval. Your decision to get this card should depend on your spending habits, credit score, and whether these pros outweigh the cons for your financial situation.
TJX Credit Card vs. Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard vs. Citi Double Cash Card
The TJX Credit Card compares different from other cards like the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard and the Citi Double Cash Card in several ways:
- Purchase Intro APR: None of these cards offer a special introductory APR for purchases. This means that when you make purchases with these cards, you won’t have a lower interest rate for an initial period.
- Transfer Intro APR: The Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard offers a 0% introductory APR for 18 months on balance transfers. However, it has a transfer fee of 3% (with a minimum of $5) for transfers in the first 4 months, and 5% (with a minimum of $5) for transfers after that. The Citi Double Cash Card also does not have a purchase intro APR but offers a 0% introductory APR for 18 months on balance transfers with a 3% intro fee for transfers in the first 4 months (minimum $5). In contrast, the TJX Credit Card does not offer any balance transfer introductory APR.
- Regular APR: The TJX Credit Card has a high regular APR of 32.24% (Variable). The Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard has a variable regular APR of either 18.99% or 29.99%, depending on your creditworthiness. The Citi Double Cash Card offers a variable regular APR ranging from 19.24% to 29.24%.
- Rewards Rate: Each of these cards offers different rewards rates. The TJX Credit Card rewards you with 1 to 5 points per $1 spent. The Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard offers 1 to 5% cash back on purchases. The Citi Double Cash Card provides a flat 2% cash back on all purchases, with the opportunity to earn an additional 1% when you pay off those purchases.
In summary, the TJX Credit Card stands out due to its high regular APR and its rewards program based on points, while the other cards offer more competitive APRs and cash back rewards. Additionally, the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard offers a balance transfer introductory APR, which the others do not. Your choice should depend on your spending habits and whether you plan to use the card for balance transfers.
How can I pay my TJX Credit Card?
To pay your TJX Credit Card, you have a few options:
- Online: The easiest way is to log in to your online account, go to the “Summary” tab, and click on the “Make Payment” button. Follow the prompts to confirm your payment information and complete the payment.
- Over the phone: You can also pay by phone using the automated system. Just call (800) 952-6133 and follow the instructions to make your payment.
- Via mail: If you prefer to send a payment by mail, send it to: Mastercard Accounts
P.O. Box 530949
Atlanta, GA 30353-0949 When sending a payment by mail, make sure it arrives before the due date and include your credit card number on the check.
Please note that you cannot pay your TJX Credit Card bill at a T.J.Maxx store. These payment methods also apply to the TJX Store Card.
What is the credit score requirement for the TJX Store Card?
To get approved for the TJX Store Card, you generally need a fair credit score, which is around 620 or higher. Keep in mind that your credit score isn’t the sole factor they consider, so it’s more of a guideline.
Store credit cards, like the TJX Store Card, often have easier approval requirements compared to regular credit cards. You might also want to explore the Kohl’s Store Card, which offers a 20% discount on your initial purchase after account approval, with no limit on your potential savings.
What’s the T.J.Maxx Credit Card phone number for customer service?
The TJX Credit Card customer service phone number is (877) 890-3150. You can use this number to manage your account, make payments, or get general assistance. For the TJX Store Card, call (800) 952-6133.
To talk to a live representative:
- Call (877) 890-3150.
- When asked for your account number, wait for the option to provide your Social Security number, and then say, “I don’t have it.”
- State the reason for your call or simply say “customer service.”
- When prompted, press “3” to connect to a live representative.
If you prefer not to call, you can also contact customer service online by logging into your account and selecting “Chat Now” or sending a secured email via the “Messages” option.
You can reach them by mail at:
P.O. Box 965030
Orlando, FL 32896-5030
For additional information, you can check the credit card FAQ page provided by the issuer.
How do I apply for the T. J. Maxx Credit Card?
To apply for the T. J. Maxx Credit Card, you can follow these steps:
- Online Application: The easiest and quickest way to apply is online. Visit the T. J. Maxx website or the issuer’s website, and fill out the application form. You should receive a decision shortly after submitting it.
- In-Person Application: You can also apply in person by visiting any T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, or Home Sense store locations. Simply ask a store associate for assistance with the credit card application.
- No Phone Application: Currently, there is no option to apply for the T. J. Maxx Credit Card over the phone.
Keep these important points in mind:
- Credit Requirement: To increase your chances of approval for the TJX Credit Card, you should have at least good credit. For the TJX Store Card, fair credit or better is generally sufficient.
- Financial Factors: The issuer will evaluate your application based on factors such as your income-to-debt ratio and credit history.
By following these steps and meeting the credit requirements, you can apply for the T. J. Maxx Credit Card and potentially enjoy its benefits.
How do I check my TJX Credit Card application status?
To check your TJX Credit Card application status:
- Call (800) 952-6133.
- Provide your 9-digit Social Security Number or your application reference number.
If your application is denied, you can try the following:
- Call (800) 952-6133 to speak to a representative and request reconsideration, although it’s not guaranteed to work.
If your denial remains unchanged:
- Consider applying for a secured credit card with better approval odds.
- Explore our editor’s recommendations for the best secured credit cards.
- Alternatively, become an authorized user on someone else’s credit card account to build your credit and apply for better cards in the future.
What credit score do you need for the T.J.Maxx Credit Card?
To be approved for the T.J.Maxx Credit Card, you generally need a minimum credit score of 700, which is considered good credit. If you’re interested in the TJX Store Card, it requires a credit score of 640 or higher, which falls into the category of fair credit. However, it’s important to understand that your credit score is just one factor in the approval process.
Other factors that can affect your approval include your income, existing debts, the number of open accounts you have, recent credit inquiries, employment status, and housing situation. While it’s possible to be approved with a slightly lower credit score, it’s usually best to apply once you meet the specific credit score requirements for the T.J.Maxx Credit Card.
How do I report a lost TJX Credit Card?
To report a lost TJX Credit Card, follow these steps:
- Call (800) 952-6133: Dial this number to report your lost card. Your card will be cancelled, and a replacement will be sent to you.
- Activate the Replacement Card: Once you receive the replacement TJX Credit Card, you must activate it before using it for purchases.
- Update Recurring Charges: If you have any recurring charges linked to your old TJX Credit Card, make sure to update those accounts with your new card information.
It’s important to note that your TJX Credit Card is covered by $0 fraud liability. This means you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized purchases made with your card while it’s lost. However, you should still report the missing card immediately and contact your issuer if you find any charges on your account that you don’t recognize.
Where can I check my TJX Credit Card balance?
To check your TJX Credit Card balance, you have a few options:
- Online: Sign in to your account on the TJX Credit Card website. You can not only check your balance but also manage your rewards, pay bills, and enroll in electronic statements.
- Mobile App: Download the T.J. Maxx mobile app for Android or iOS, log in to your account, and you’ll find your balance there. You can also use the app to make payments and use your card.
- Phone: Call (800) 952-6133, or use the number found on the back of your card to inquire about your balance over the phone.
Keeping an eye on your credit card balance is important, as it helps you monitor your spending and identify any unusual transactions.
How do I cancel my TJX Credit Card?
To cancel your TJX Credit Card, follow these steps:
- Call the appropriate customer service number:
- For the TJX Rewards Platinum MasterCard, call 1-877-890-3150.
- For the TJX Rewards Credit Card, call 1-800-952-6133.
- Speak with a customer service representative and inform them of your intention to cancel the credit card.
- Follow any instructions or provide the necessary information to complete the cancellation process.
Please be aware that closing a credit card account can have an impact on your credit score. When you close a credit card, it reduces the total amount of credit available to you, which may lead to a decrease in your credit score. Make sure to consider this before canceling your TJX Credit Card.
What’s the TJX Credit Card payment address?
The TJX Credit Card payment address is:
TJX Credit Card/Synchrony Bank
PO Box 530949
When sending your payment by mail, remember to use a check or money order, as cash is not accepted. This address also works for payments on the TJX Store Card.
Here are some tips:
- Include your credit card number on your payment to prevent processing delays.
- Allow enough time for your payment to reach the issuer by the due date to avoid late fees.
- Payments by mail take longer to process compared to online or phone payments. You can also pay online or by calling customer service at (800) 952-6133.
How much is the starting TJX Credit Card credit limit?
The starting credit limit for a TJX Credit Card isn’t fixed; it depends on factors like your credit history, outstanding debts, and income. You won’t know your starting limit until you apply for the card because it’s determined during the application process.
How long does it take to get approved for the TJX Credit Card?
Getting approved for the TJX Credit Card usually happens quickly. In most cases, Synchrony Bank provides an instant approval decision. However, if they need to verify your information further, it may take a few business days to receive a decision.
What bank issues the TJX Credit Card?
The bank that issues the TJX Credit Card is Synchrony Bank.