We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site, Learn more.
To verify your Chase credit card, you can do so either online or by calling Chase at (800) 432-3117. This verification is necessary whenever you receive a new credit card in the mail, and it is essentially the same as activating your Chase credit card. Once you’ve verified it, you can start using your new card right away. Here’s how to do it:
- Online Verification:
- Go to the dedicated verification page online.
- Sign in to your Chase online account.
- Follow the prompts to verify your card.
- Phone Verification:
- Call Chase at (800) 432-3117.
- When prompted by the system, enter your 16-digit card number and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Complete the verification process, which only takes a few minutes.
By following these simple steps, you can quickly and easily verify your Chase credit card, ensuring that it’s ready for use.
Here’s how to verify a Chase credit card online
To verify a Chase credit card online, follow these steps:
- Visit Chase’s credit card verification page.
- If you don’t have a Chase.com account, click “Not enrolled? Sign up now.” You’ll need your Social Security number and either your card, account, or application number to create an account.
- Log in to your Chase.com account.
- Check and confirm your credit card number.
- Click “Next” to verify your card.
- After verification, click “Go to accounts” to access and manage your account.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you can start using your Chase credit card immediately. This process applies to all Chase credit cards, whether they are travel rewards cards like Chase Sapphire Reserve® or everyday spending cards like Chase Freedom Unlimited®, as well as financing cards like Chase Slate Edge.
How do I verify my Chase credit card on my phone?
To verify your Chase credit card on your phone, you have two options:
- Verify by Calling Chase:
- Dial (800) 432-3117 or use the number provided on the activation sticker on your card.
- Follow the instructions given by the automated voice operator.
- If prompted, enter your credit card number or a secure PIN.
- Listen for confirmation that your card is verified and ready to use.
- Verify Online From Your Phone:
- Open a web browser on your phone.
- Visit the Chase credit card verification page, which may be mentioned on your card’s activation sticker.
- Log in to your Chase account or create one if you don’t have it (you’ll need your Social Security number and card account number or application number).
- After logging in, go to “My Accounts.”
- Select the card you want to verify and click on the “Verify” option.
- You’ll receive confirmation when the verification process is completed, and your card will be ready for use.
Please note that using the Chase mobile app won’t allow you to verify your new card; you must either call or use a web browser on your phone to complete the verification process.
How do I activate my Chase credit card?
To activate your Chase credit card, follow these simple steps:
- Online Activation: Visit Chase’s card activation page. You can do this by logging into your existing Chase account or creating a new account if you don’t have one. Once logged in, you’ll be able to verify your new card, set up your account preferences, and more. This process works for all Chase credit cards.
- Phone Activation: Alternatively, you can activate your Chase credit card over the phone by calling (800) 432-3117.
Activating your card online or over the phone takes just a minute or two. Once activated, you can start using your Chase credit card for purchases immediately. It’s essential to activate your card to avoid any issues when trying to use it.
How do I activate my Chase debit card online?
To activate your Chase debit card online, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Chase account using your username and password.
- Once logged in, look for the option to “activate card” and select it.
- You will be directed to a screen where you need to enter your 16-digit card number.
- Verify your identity as prompted.
- After completing the verification process, you will be asked to choose a four-digit PIN number.
Following these steps will activate your Chase debit card online.
What is the best Chase credit card signup bonus?
The best Chase credit card signup bonus is offered by the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. It provides a bonus of 60,000 points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months. These points are worth $750 when used for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. This initial bonus alone can cover the card’s $95 annual fee for several years.
Here are some details on other Chase credit card signup bonuses:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: This card also offers 60,000 bonus points for spending $4,000 in the first 3 months, worth $900 in travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. It has a higher annual fee of $550 and requires excellent credit.
- Chase Freedom Flex: This card offers a $200 bonus when you spend $500 in the first 3 months. It has no annual fee and is suitable for those with good credit.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card: This card provides 3 Free Nights for spending $3,000 in the first 3 months, worth up to $1,050 when used for hotel reservations. It has an annual fee of $95 and requires good credit.
- United Explorer Card: This card offers 60,000 miles for spending $3,000 in the first 3 months, worth $714 when redeemed for airfare. It has a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 afterward, and requires good credit.
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card: This business card provides 100,000 points for spending $8,000 in the first 3 months, worth $1,250 toward travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. It has a $95 annual fee and requires good credit.
Despite some of these cards having annual fees, the value of their initial bonuses and ongoing rewards can often outweigh the fees, making them worthwhile for those who take advantage of their benefits.
What is an active credit card?
An active credit card is one that can be used for transactions. When you get a new credit card, it’s usually inactive initially to ensure it’s delivered to the right person. To activate it, you can typically do so over the phone or online:
- Phone Activation: Look for a phone number on the card’s sticker, call it, and follow automated prompts to activate.
- Online Activation: Some cards have a website link on the sticker. Visit the website, follow instructions, and verify your identity to activate.
Once activated, you can use the card for purchases.
How do I know if my credit card is activated?
To know if your credit card is activated, you can:
- Call Customer Service: Dial the number on the back of your card to contact customer service. They can confirm if your card is active and assist with reactivation if needed.
- Make a Purchase: Attempt to use your card for a purchase. If it’s declined, it may not be active. However, a decline could also result from other issues like reaching your credit limit or card expiration.
- Check Your Credit Report: Your credit report may show if the card is active or not. Credit card issuers typically report card activity to credit bureaus monthly. If the card has been inactive for at least a month, your credit report should reflect that.
These methods help you determine the status of your credit card’s activation.