We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site, Learn more.
- There are three ways you can send money from Venmo to Cash App, all of which are free, quick, and easy to do.
- Money transfer from Venmo is capped at $299.99 for unverified accounts and $4,999.99 for verified accounts.
Can I send money from Venmo to Cash App? Yes, you can transfer money from Venmo to Cash App if you have accounts on both apps – either by turning your Cash App into a bank and linking it to Venmo or link your Cash App Cash Card to Venmo or better still, link both Venmo and Cash App to the same bank account. Any of the three methods will work just fine.
Venmo and Cash App are primarily designed for peer-to-peer money transfers from friends and family, and they both offer similar services. So it’s natural for either user of both platforms to ask if they can transfer money from Venmo to Cash App or from Cash App to Venmo.
But in this article, we’ll be looking specifically at how to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App.
There are three easy methods to swiftly send money from Venmo to Cash App on your mobile. Keep reading to find which of the three methods is best for you.
A brief overview of Venmo and Cash App
Both Venmo and Cash App are two of the most popular peer-to-peer payment apps available on Android and iPhone (iOS). Both apps are only available for U.S. customers, meaning both the sender and receiver need to be United States residents to use the apps.
To start sending money on either Venmo and Cash App, you need to link your bank account, prepaid debit card, or credit card.
Note: Venmo only allows users to withdraw money to a debit card or bank account – to avoid the standard limit of six transfers or online withdrawals per month, always link a checking account instead of a saving account.
Transfer money from Venmo to Cash App
Officially, neither Venmo nor Cash App offers direct ways to transfer money to either platform. However, there are three simple ways you can use to send money to Cash App from Venmo. We will show you all the methods in this article.
1. Turn your Cash App account into a bank by setting up direct deposit
You can set up your Cash App account like a bank by using your account and routing numbers to set up direct deposit and link it with Venmo. Here’s how:
The first step is to set up direct deposit on Cash App. Follow these steps to do that:
1. Open the Cash App on your iPhone or Android phone.
2. Tap the dollar sign to access “My Cash” tab.
3. Tap the “Cash” button with dollar sign right next to it.
4. Navigate to “Direct Deposit” and tap “Get Account Number.”
5. Tap the “Enable Account” button on the pop-up that appears.
6. Under your account information, tap the “Copy Account Details.”
7. Next, Select both “Copy Routing Number” and “Copy Account Number.” They will be copied to your device’s clipboard or paste them someplace safe on your device.
The next step is to add your Cash App routing and account numbers to Venmo. Here’s how:
1. Open the Venmo app on your iPhone or Android phone.
2. Go to Settings by tapping the button with three horizontal lines at the top section of the app.
3. On the Settings section, select “Payment Methods.”
4. Tap “Add a Bank or Card.”
5. Select “Bank.”
6. Select your preferred verification method and paste your Cash App routing and account numbers in the required fields.
That’s it! You can now transfer money directly to your Cash App account from your Venmo just like a bank — you can move funds between them like you’d send and receive money from a regular bank account.
2. Link your Cash App account to Venmo through Cash Card
There is another method to connect your Cash App to your Venmo account, albeit with a different tweak – by using the Cash App Cash Card. Instead of using your Cash App account as a direct deposit, you can directly add the Cash Card to Venmo. It’s easy and straightforward as you don’t need to set up Direct Deposit on Cash App. It’s the quicker option, and here’s how to set it up:
1. Open the Venmo app and go to Settings by tapping the button with three horizontal lines at the top section of the app.
2. Select “Payment Methods.”
3. Tap “Add a Bank or Card”, but in this case select “Card.”
4. Enter your Cash App card information. You can also do this by capturing your card’s details with your phone’s camera.
3. Link both Venmo and Cash App to the same bank account.
Another simple method is to link your Venmo and Cash App to a mutual bank account. Once you do this, you can send funds from Venmo to the bank and then transfer the money to your Cash App account. This method allows you to use your bank as a transfer point between the two apps. You can also use this same method to transfer money from Cash App to Venmo.
The first step is to send money from your Venmo to the bank account.
1. Add a bank account to Venmo and verify it.
2. Transfer the money from Venmo to the bank acount.
3. Press the button with three lines “☰” at the top of the app.
4. Select “Transfer to Bank” or “Transfer Money.” Depending on your device, you may have to select “Manage Balance” to find either option.
5. Enter the amount you wish to transfer.
6. Now, you’ll have to choose between Instant and 1-3 Business Days transfer options. Instant transfer means the money will be transferred within 30 minutes once you approve, but it will cost you a small fee. 1-3 Business Days transfer option is free with no fees.
7. Chose the method of transfer and select your bank account.
8. Review your information details and confirm the transaction.
9. Hit the “Transfer” button.
Your money has now been transferred to your bank account. The next step is to move the funds from your bank account to your Cash App by doing following the step below:
1. Open Cash App and go to the Balance tab.
2. Tap “Add Cash.”
3. Enter the amount you wish to transfer from your bank account.
4. Tap “Add.”
5. Enter your PIN or use Touch ID to confirm the transfer from your bank account.
You’ve now successfully transferred money from Venmo to Cash App. The last method has more steps due to the nature of bank transactions but may be worthwhile if linking your payment apps to the same account is more convenient.
Remember, the last method requires you to have the same bank account linked to both apps to be able to move funds.
How much can you send on Venmo?
What’s Venmo transfer limit? When you sign up for a Venmo account, your sending limit is capped at $299.99 per week until you confirm your identity. Once Venmo verifies your identity, your weekly sending limit will increase to $4,999.99.
To verify your Venmo identity, you’ll need to tap the three vertical lines “☰” > Settings > Identity Verification and enter the following details: Name, physical address, social security number (SSN/ITIN), zip code, and date of birth.
Venmo transfer fees
Venmo is free to use (especially transactions involving Venmo to Venmo), but some outbound services require a fee.
If you send money to your Venmo account from a credit card, you’ll be charged a 3% fee — but that fee is waived when your Venmo is funded with a bank account, a debit card, or a Venmo balance. Venmo is also free when you buy at merchants and retailers that offer Venmo as a payment option.
Additionally, Venmo instant transfer to a qualified bank account or debit card has a 1% fee per transaction (or a minimum of 25 cents and a maximum of $10). With Instant transfer, the money typically gets delivered within 30 minutes.
That’s all there is to know about sending cash from Venmo to Cash App. If you use both payment apps, combining their functionalities is bound to provide some advantages.
Now that you know it’s possible to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App and how to do it, we hope your payment options will become broader going forward.
Which method do you prefer? Were you able to transfer cash from Venmo to Cash App? Let us know in the comment section!