We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site, Learn more.
You can pay your Amazon Store Card in three ways:
- Online Account: Log in to your Amazon Store Card account on the internet.
- Phone: Call (866) 634-8379.
- Mail: Send your payment by traditional mail.
An Amazon credit card allows you to have more spending power on Amazon, one of the world’s leading online shopping platforms. This card can be used to buy both new and used items from various sellers, including third-party sellers and Amazon’s own vast inventory. It offers financial benefits for cardholders.
The Amazon Store Card is accepted for most purchases on Amazon.com and in Amazon-branded physical stores. If you opened your account before January 1, 2021, you can also use this card at places that accept Amazon Pay. Amazon Prime Store Card holders can earn 5% back in statement credits or Amazon rewards points when they make purchases on Amazon.com.
After using your Amazon Store Card for shopping, you’ll need to pay the bill. It’s important to understand your payment options to avoid making late payments and incurring fees.
How to make your Amazon store card payment online
To make an online payment for your Amazon credit card, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon credit card account.
- Hover your cursor over the “Payments” section and click on “View and Make Payments.”
- Choose whether you want to make the minimum payment or pay your current balance, statement balance, or another amount.
- Select a payment date.
- Enter your bank’s routing number and checking account number in the provided fields and confirm the information.
If you prefer not to log in, there is an option to make a payment as a guest. In this case, you’ll need to enter your credit card number, Social Security number, and ZIP code.
How to pay your Amazon Credit Card bill by phone
To pay your Amazon credit card bill by phone, follow these steps:
- Dial 866-634-8379 to reach Synchrony Bank.
- Wait for the automated prompts, then press “two” on your phone’s keypad.
- Listen to the prompts and press “one” on your phone’s keypad.
- Enter your Amazon Store Card account number to help the system identify your account.
- Follow the subsequent prompts to complete your payment.
You can also press “zero” during the call to speak with a customer service representative for assistance.
How to make an Amazon Credit Card payment by mail
To make an Amazon Credit Card payment by mail, follow these steps:
- Write a check or get a money order payable to “Synchrony Bank/Amazon.”
- Include the remittance form from your statement along with your payment. Make sure to fill in the amount you want to pay on the form.
- Send your payment to this address:
Synchrony Bank / Amazon
P.O. Box 960013
Orlando, FL 32896-0013
Please note that when you mail your payment to Synchrony Bank, it might take up to five days for them to credit your account after they receive it.
When is my Amazon Credit Card bill due?
Your Amazon credit card bill is due at least 23 days after the end of your billing cycle. To avoid interest charges on your purchases, make sure to pay off your balance by the due date each month.
The due time for payments is 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). If you miss the due date, you may be charged a late fee of up to $40.
How to set Amazon Store Card automatic payments
To set up automatic payments for your Amazon Store Card, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon Store Card account.
- Enter your bank account information.
- Select the payment amount you want to make automatically each month. You can choose from options like the minimum payment due, statement balance, current balance, or a custom amount.
- Synchrony Bank, the issuer of the Amazon Store Card, will automatically debit your bank account for the chosen payment amount on the scheduled payment date each month.
It’s essential to be aware that these instructions apply specifically to the Amazon Store Card, which is issued by Synchrony Bank. If you have an Amazon Credit Card issued by Chase Bank, the payment methods and procedures will be different for that card.
Can I use my Amazon Store Card anywhere?
No, you cannot use your Amazon Store Card everywhere. It’s limited to making purchases at Amazon and its affiliated entities, including Amazon.com, Amazon Business, Amazon Prime membership, Amazon Go, AWS, Audible, Alexa Skills, merchants using Amazon Pay, Amazon Fresh, Audible.com, Comixology.com, Hoot.com.
However, there are some exceptions to using the Amazon Store Card, such as for book rentals, digital subscriptions (magazines and newspapers), purchases from Amazon subsidiaries (except Audible), Whole Foods Market purchases, and the Treasure Truck (which offers exclusive, highly discounted products).
If you’re looking for a credit card that can be used more widely, you might consider the Amazon Credit Card, which is on the Visa network and can be used at most places that accept credit cards. It also offers benefits like a $50 Amazon.com gift card upon approval (or $100 for Prime members) and rewards points on purchases, but it typically requires good credit for approval.
The bottom line
To make a payment for your Amazon Store Card, you have three options:
- Log in to your online account.
- Go to the Payments tab and click “Make a Payment.”
- Choose the payment amount and provide your bank’s routing number and account details.
- Verify your payment information and click “Make a Payment.” You can do this any day before the due date.
2. Over the phone:
- Call customer service at (866) 634-8379, available 24/7.
- Press “1” and enter your account number or Social Security number (SSN) as prompted.
- Follow the voice prompts to make a payment or speak to a customer service representative.
- There’s no charge for using the automated system, but expedited payments may have a fee.
3. Via mail:
- Send your Amazon Store Card monthly statement along with a check or money order made out to Synchrony / Amazon to:
Synchrony / Amazon
P.O. Box 960013
Orlando, FL 32896
- Ensure your account number is included on your payment.
- Note that Synchrony Bank only accepts payments from U.S. bank accounts and does not accept cash payments.
Synchrony Bank provides a 23-day grace period from the end of the billing period until the payment due date. If you pay your Amazon Store Card balance in full during this period each month, you won’t incur any interest charges.
Please note that these payment instructions do not apply to Amazon Rewards Visa Signature cardholders because the Amazon Rewards Visa is backed by Chase Bank.