We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site, Learn more.
- There are five easy ways to check your H&R Block Emerald Card balance, all within a few minutes.
- You can check your H&R Block Emerald Card balance online at Emerald’s website or by calling customer service over the phone.
- You can also check your H&R Block Emerald Card balance through the mobile app or an ATM. Better still, you can check your Emerald Card balance and transactions by sending a text message.
It’s important to know your H&R Block Emerald Card balance in other to keep track of spending when shopping online and in stores. Fortunately, it’s easy to check your H&R Block Emerald Card balance within a couple of seconds.
How to check your H&R Block Emerald Card balance online through the website
Using the H&R Block’s website is the easiest way to check your card balance.
- Go to H&R Block’s Emerald Card login page and sign in.
- If you don’t have an H&R Block Emerald account yet, click “Sign in” and enter a username and password to create a new account. If you already set up your account before, enter your username and password in the specified fields and click “sign in.”
- After you sign in to your Emerald Card dashboard, you’ll see your current card balance and any activity in the current month, as well as all your previous transactions. You also have the option to view balance statements for the past 12 months in either Excel or PDF format.
How to check your H&R Block Emerald Card balance using an ATM
You can also check your balance through an ATM. To see the nearest ATM close to you:
- Go to the Emerald Card ATM locator and click “Find an ATM.”
- Next, type in your address or zip code in the search field and click “Search.”
- You’ll see all the ATM locations, click “Get Directions” to find the ATM nearest to you.
- Once you get to the ATM, insert your card and follow the prompts to check your Emerald Mastercard balance.
How to check your H&R Block Emerald Card balance through it’s mobile banking app
Once you download the app, sign in as you would on its website. Click “Emerald Card” to see your available balance displayed on the top of the screen.
Additionally, you’ll find buttons to locate an ATM, upload a check to load funds to your account, check your transactions as well as pay your bills.
How to check your H&R Block Emerald Card balance over the phone
Apart from the three options above, you can also contact H&R Block to check your balance by phone. To do so:
Dial 800-472-5625, or 800-HRBLOCK, follow the system’s prompts to speak to a customer service representative and get help with your Emerald Card.
You’ll be asked to provide your Emerald Mastercard account number. For security purposes, they may ask you to provide additional information. After going through the process over the phone, the representative will tell you your available balance. While still on the phone, you can request that up to twelve months of your transaction history be mailed to you.
How to check your Emerald Card balance via text
A text message is another option you can use to check your Emerald Card balance without the need for internet access. Simply text BAL to 58084 from the phone number that’s connected to your card. You’ll get an up-to-date balance of your H&R Block Emerald Card any time you send BAL to 58084.
Is Emerald Card considered direct deposit?
The Emerald Card is a reloadable prepaid debit card for direct deposit of your tax refund or loan proceeds. You can use Emerald Card anywhere Mastercard is accepted with easy access to your funds.
What time does H&R Block deposit?
H&R Block direct deposit times for all customers are typically between eight to fifteen days. However, the time an H&R tax refund takes to appear in your account will depend on several factors and vary from person to person. If you have a complicated financial situation, it may take longer than usual.
How much can I withdraw from Emerald Card?
The Emerald Card daily ATM withdrawal limit is $3,000 – which is higher than most cards that limit ATM withdrawals at $1,000 or less per day. The Emerald’s cash load limit of $1,000, is lower than average, though, which is typically around $2,500.
How do I withdraw money from my H&R Block card?
Go to the Emerald Card ATM locator and click “Find an ATM.” Once you find the nearest ATM to you, insert your card and follow the prompt to withdraw money. Remember there is a fee for every ATM transaction
What is the routing number for H&R Block Emerald Card?
The H&R Block Emerald Card routing number is 101089742.
What time of day does Emerald Card load?
The Emerald Card from H&R Block loads direct deposit funds on the date set by the payer, usually around 4 a.m. CST. Government payments and tax refunds are loaded as soon as H&R Block receives them from the IRS at any time of day.
What number do I call to check my Emerald Card balance?
800-472-5625, or 800-HRBLOCK are the numbers to call to check your Emerald Card balance
What bank is associated with H&R Block Emerald Card?
Do I have to activate my H&R Block Emerald Card?
You need to activate your H&R Block Emerald Card before you can start using it to make purchases. There are ways you can activate your Emerald Card – Online, mobile banking app, and by calling customer service.