We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site, Learn more.
There are different ways you can make a payment for your Best Buy® Credit Card:
- Log in to your online account on the Best Buy website.
- Click on “Make a Payment” or a similar option.
- Choose the payment amount, payment date, and the account you want to make the payment from.
- Over the phone:
- Call 1-888-574-1301, the Best Buy® Credit Card customer service number.
- Follow the automated prompts to enter your card information and make a payment.
- Via text message:
- Ensure that your mobile device is connected to your My Best Buy Credit Card account.
- Text “PAY” to 81964.
- You will receive a text message asking for the payment amount and the payment account to use.
- By mail:
- Prepare a check or money order (do not send cash) payable to Best Buy® Credit Card.
- Write your credit card number on the check or money order.
- Send the payment to the following address: My Best Buy Credit Card Payments P.O. Box 9001007 Louisville, KY 40290-1007
- It is recommended to send the payment at least 5-7 days before the due date.
- You can visit any Best Buy store during their regular business hours.
- Inform a store associate that you would like to make a payment for your Best Buy® Credit Card.
- They will assist you in completing the payment transaction.
If you prefer automatic payments:
- Citibank, the issuer of the Best Buy® Credit Card, allows cardholders to set up automatic payments.
- You can contact the customer service number provided on the back of your credit card to inquire about setting up automatic payments.
Remember to consider the due date and allow sufficient time for processing when choosing your payment method to avoid any late fees or penalties.
Best Buy was initially established in 1966 under the name “Sound of Music” as an electronics store in Minnesota, USA. In 1983, the company rebranded itself as “Best Buy” to reflect its broader range of products, including home appliances and VCRs.
Over the years, Best Buy expanded its operations and became a well-known retailer of consumer electronics, home appliances, entertainment products, and technology services. The company’s distinctive warehouse-style stores and knowledgeable, non-commissioned staff have become part of its brand identity.
Best Buy has a significant presence in both the United States and Canada. In the United States, it operates over 1,000 stores across the country, making it one of the largest consumer electronics retailers. In Canada, Best Buy also has a considerable number of stores, offering a similar range of products and services.
Best Buy Credit Card options and rewards
To enhance the shopping experience and provide more convenience to customers, Best Buy offers two credit card options: the “My Best Buy Credit Card” and the “My Best Buy Visa Card.” The “My Best Buy Credit Card” is a store card that can only be used at Best Buy locations and BestBuy.com.
The “My Best Buy Visa Card” is a credit card that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted, with additional benefits for purchases made at Best Buy. Both credit cards offer rewards and financing options, allowing customers to earn points on their purchases and benefit from special financing offers.
Benefits of Best Buy Credit Cards:
- Rewards: Cardholders earn points on eligible purchases, which can be redeemed for rewards such as Best Buy certificates, discounts, and exclusive offers.
- Financing Offers: Best Buy credit cardholders may have access to special financing options, such as interest-free periods or low-interest financing on qualifying purchases.
- Additional Benefits: The credit cards may provide access to exclusive deals, extended return periods, and personalized financing offers based on a cardholder’s purchase history.
It’s worth noting that specific terms, benefits, and eligibility criteria for Best Buy credit cards may vary, so it’s recommended to review the details provided by Best Buy or contact their customer service for the most up-to-date information. Here are further details about Best Buy cards:
Best Buy Credit Card
- The Best Buy Credit Card can be used exclusively at Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com.
- It offers flexible financing options, such as 6-month financing on purchases over $199, 18-month financing on select major appliance purchases, and more.
- Cardholders can earn rewards points on Best Buy purchases, with 5% back in rewards or flexible financing on eligible purchases.
- There are no annual fees for the Best Buy Credit Card.
My Best Buy Visa Card
- The My Best Buy Visa Card can be used anywhere Visa is accepted, not just at Best Buy.
- It offers all the benefits of the Best Buy Credit Card, including flexible financing options and rewards points on Best Buy purchases.
- Additionally, cardholders can earn rewards points on everyday purchases outside of Best Buy, with 3% back in rewards on gas purchases, 2% back in rewards on dining and grocery purchases, and 1% back in rewards on all other purchases.
- The My Best Buy Visa Card also has no annual fees.
Both credit cards provide access to special financing offers and exclusive discounts for cardholders. It’s important to note that these credit cards come with interest rates and terms, so it’s advisable to review the terms and conditions before applying.
How to make a Best Buy Credit Card payment online
To make a Best Buy credit card payment online, you can follow these steps:
- Load the website: Visit the credit card registration page on Citi’s website.
- Register: Provide your credit card number, name, card’s security code, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Log in: Once registered, you can log in to your Best Buy account online using your user ID and password.
- Follow the prompts: Make sure to have your checking account number and bank routing number handy. Then, follow the prompts to make the payment.
- Pay your account and create alerts: Besides paying your account through the website, you can also activate alerts and manage your account.
How to make a Best Buy Credit Card payment in-store
To make a Best Buy credit card payment in-store, follow these steps:
- Locate the nearest Best Buy store: Use the Best Buy store locator on their website or a navigation app to find the nearest store to your location.
- Gather the required information: Before heading to the store, make sure you have the following information ready:
- Best Buy credit card: Ensure you have your Best Buy credit card with you.
- Account number: Take note of your Best Buy credit card account number. This information is usually found on your credit card statement or in your online account.
- Visit the store: Once you have the necessary information, visit the Best Buy store during their operating hours.
- Locate the customer service desk: Upon entering the store, look for the customer service desk. This is usually located near the entrance or in a prominent area.
- Approach a store employee: Approach one of the store employees at the customer service desk and inform them that you would like to make a payment on your Best Buy credit card.
- Provide your account information: Present your Best Buy credit card and provide the employee with your account number. They may ask you to verify your identity for security purposes.
- Choose a payment method: Inform the employee of the method of payment you wish to use. Best Buy typically accepts various payment methods, including cash, debit cards, and credit cards. They may also accept checks, but it’s best to check with the store beforehand regarding their accepted payment methods.
- Complete the payment: Follow the instructions provided by the employee to complete the payment process. This may involve swiping or inserting your payment method into a card reader, entering a PIN, or signing a receipt.
- Obtain a receipt: Once the payment is processed, the employee will provide you with a receipt as proof of payment. It’s a good idea to keep this receipt for your records.
Remember to always check Best Buy’s official website or contact their customer service for any specific instructions or policies related to making credit card payments in-store.
How to make a Best Buy Credit Card payment by phone
To make a Best Buy credit card payment by phone, you can follow these steps:
- Dial 1-888-574-1301 to reach the payment hotline.
- Make sure you have your account details ready, such as your account number.
- Prepare a valid check from a U.S. bank to complete the payment.
- When prompted, enter your card information and follow the instructions provided.
Please note that there is no fee when you pay through the automated system.
How to make a Best Buy Credit Card payment by text
- Check with your cellphone provider: Before proceeding with payment by text, it’s important to note that your cellphone provider may charge you for sending and receiving texts. Make sure you are aware of any potential charges that may apply.
- Start the payment process: To initiate the payment by text, you need to send a text message to the number 81964 from the device that is linked to your Best Buy account. Make sure to use the cellphone that is associated with your account.
- Verify your identity: After sending the initial text, you may be prompted to verify your identity. This is an important security measure to ensure that the payment is authorized and processed correctly. Follow the instructions provided to complete the verification process.
- Text the payment amount: Once your identity is verified, you will need to text the amount you want to pay. Simply enter the numerical value of the payment amount in the text message and send it to the same number (81964). Make sure to double-check the amount before sending the message.
- Indicate the account: In addition to specifying the payment amount, you may also need to indicate the account you are using to make the payment. This is especially important if you have multiple payment methods linked to your Best Buy account. Follow the instructions provided to indicate the appropriate account.
- Confirm the payment: After sending the text with the payment amount and indicating the account, you may receive a confirmation message indicating that your payment has been successfully processed. It’s essential to review this confirmation to ensure that the payment has been made accurately.
- Check your Best Buy account: Once the payment is made, it’s a good practice to log in to your Best Buy account and verify that the payment has been reflected correctly. This will help you keep track of your payments and ensure that your account is up to date.
Remember, it’s always important to follow the specific instructions provided by Best Buy when making a payment by text. If you encounter any issues or have further questions, it’s recommended to reach out to Best Buy’s customer support for assistance.
How to make a Best Buy Credit Card payment by mail
To make a Best Buy credit card payment by mail, follow these steps:
- Prepare your payment: Get a check or money order ready to send along with your account number. Make sure you have sufficient funds to cover the payment amount.
- Determine the correct address: The address you send your payment to depends on the type of Best Buy credit card you have. There are different addresses for My Best Buy credit card payments and My Best Buy Visa card payments. For My Best Buy credit card payments:
- If you’re paying a My Best Buy credit card account, you can send the payment to either of the following addresses:
- My Best Buy Credit Card Payments, P.O. Box 9001007, Louisville, KY 40290-1007My Best Buy Credit Card Payments, PO Box 70601, Philadelphia, PA 19176-0601
- If you’re paying a My Best Buy Visa bill, send the payment to:
- My Best Buy Visa Card Payments, P.O. Box 78009, Phoenix, AZ 85062-8009
- My Best Buy Visa Card Payments, PO Box 70601, Philadelphia, PA 19176-0601
- If you’re paying a My Best Buy credit card account, you can send the payment to either of the following addresses:
- Expedited payments: If you’re making a late bill payment and want it to arrive the next day, use the following address: Attn: Consumer Payment Dept., 6716 Grade Lane, Building 9, Suite 910, Louisville, KY 40213
- Addressing the envelope: Ensure you address the envelope correctly to ensure prompt processing and delivery.
- For My Best Buy credit card payments, address the envelope to “My Best Buy Credit Card Overnight Delivery/Express Payment.”
- For My Best Buy Visa card payments, address the envelope to “My Best Buy Visa Credit Card Overnight Delivery/Express Payments.”
Remember to include your account number on the payment and allow enough time for the payment to reach the designated address before the due date.
What you should know about the Best Buy® Credit Card
The Best Buy® Credit Card is a credit card offered by Best Buy, a popular electronics retailer. Here are some more details about the card:
- Credit Requirement: The Best Buy® Credit Card is designed for applicants with Good credit. This means that having a solid credit history and a good credit score will increase your chances of being approved for the card.
- Rewards Program: One of the key features of the Best Buy® Credit Card is its rewards program. When you make purchases with the card, you can earn 10% back in rewards (equivalent to 5 points per $1 spent) on your first day of purchases made within the first 14 days of account opening. Additionally, you can earn 0.5 – 2.5 points per $1 spent on purchases, depending on the type of purchase and the cardholder’s status in the rewards program.
- Financing Options: The Best Buy® Credit Card also offers a financing introductory Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 0% for a period of 12 – 24 months. This can be particularly beneficial if you plan to make a large purchase and want to spread out the payments without incurring any interest charges during the promotional period.
- Annual Fee: The Best Buy® Credit Card does not have an annual fee, which means you won’t have to pay a yearly fee just for having the card.
- Card Rating: The Best Buy® Credit Card has an editor’s rating of 4 out of 5. This rating is based on various factors such as the card’s rewards program, fees, customer service, and overall benefits.
It’s important to note that credit card terms and conditions may vary, so it’s always a good idea to review the specific terms and details of any credit card you’re considering before applying.
What credit score do you need for the Best Buy Credit Card?
The credit score requirement for the Best Buy Credit Card is 700 or better. However, there are a few points to keep in mind regarding this requirement:
- Good credit: The Best Buy Credit Card is more likely to be approved for individuals with at least good credit. Good credit typically refers to a credit score of 700 or higher.
- Best Buy Store Card: If you’re considering the Best Buy Store Card, which is a different card from the Best Buy Credit Card, the credit score requirement is slightly lower. It typically requires at least fair credit, which is considered to be a credit score of 640 or higher.
- Additional factors: While credit score is an important factor, it’s not the only consideration when applying for the Best Buy Credit Card. Other factors that can impact your approval chances include your income, existing debt, number of open accounts, recent credit inquiries, employment status, and housing status. These criteria are taken into account when evaluating your application.
- Possibility of approval with lower credit score: In some cases, individuals may be approved for the Best Buy Credit Card with a slightly lower credit score. However, it is generally recommended to wait until your credit score meets the specified requirement to increase your chances of approval.
It’s important to note that credit card approval is not solely based on credit score, and meeting the credit score requirement does not guarantee approval. Each individual’s financial situation is unique, so it’s always a good idea to review the specific requirements and consider your overall financial health before applying for any credit card.
Is there an annual fee for the Best Buy Credit Card?
Here are more details about the Best Buy Credit Card and its annual fee:
- The Best Buy Credit Card does not have an annual fee. You do not have to pay any amount just for having the card.
- Keeping the card open with a zero balance can actually help improve your credit score.
- It is important to note that while there is no annual fee for the Best Buy Credit Card, there are other fees associated with it, such as cash advance fees and late fees.
- The Best Buy Store Card also does not have an annual fee.
- However, the Best Buy Gold Visa Credit Card charges a $0 annual fee per year.
- The Best Buy Credit Card requires good credit or better for approval.
- This credit card is part of the Visa network, which means it can be used anywhere Visa credit cards are accepted.
- The card offers a deferred interest plan. It is essential to pay your balance in full before the reduced rate period ends to avoid high APRs being applied to your entire original purchase amount.
- If you apply for the Best Buy Credit Card and get rejected, you may still be considered for the Best Buy Store Card or the Best Buy Gold Visa Credit Card, depending on your eligibility.
- It is advisable to check your credit score before applying for the card, as this will give you an idea of where you stand.
- One of the benefits of the Best Buy Credit Card is that it offers 10% back in rewards (5 points per $1 spent) on your first day of purchases made within the first 14 days. This can result in significant savings if you are a regular Best Buy shopper and use the card responsibly.
Can I use my Best Buy credit card anywhere?
Best Buy offers two different types of credit cards. Here is a more detailed explanation about using Best Buy credit cards:
- My Best Buy Card (Retail Credit Card):
- The My Best Buy card is a retail credit card offered by Best Buy.
- It can only be used at Best Buy stores or when shopping online at Best Buy’s website.
- This card is specifically designed for purchases within the Best Buy ecosystem.
- While it cannot be used everywhere, it offers benefits such as special financing options and rewards for Best Buy purchases.
- My Best Buy Rewards Visa Card:
- The My Best Buy Rewards Visa card is a credit card that is co-branded with Visa.
- Cardholders can use this card anywhere Visa is accepted, not just at Best Buy.
- This means you can utilize this card for purchases at other retail stores, restaurants, online merchants, and more.
- Like the retail credit card, the My Best Buy Rewards Visa card also offers rewards for every purchase made, but it extends its usability beyond Best Buy.
- The main difference between these two Best Buy credit cards is their acceptance.
- The My Best Buy card is limited to Best Buy stores and online purchases, while the My Best Buy Rewards Visa card can be used globally wherever Visa cards are accepted.
- Both cards provide rewards, but the My Best Buy Rewards Visa card offers broader earning potential due to its wider acceptance.
In summary, if you have the My Best Buy Rewards Visa card, you can use it anywhere Visa is accepted. However, if you have the My Best Buy card (retail credit card), it can only be used at Best Buy stores or when shopping online at Best Buy’s website.
How do I check my Best Buy credit card balance?
Here’s how to check your Best Buy credit card balance:
- Online Method:
- Visit the Best Buy website: Go to the Best Buy website and navigate to the “Credit Cards” section.
- Log in to your account: If you already have an online account, log in using your username and password. If not, you will need to create an account by providing the required information.
- Access your account: Once you’re logged in, you should be able to access your credit card account details, including your balance. Look for the “Account Summary” or “Balance” section to find your current balance.
- Phone Method:
- Call Citi customer service: Dial the customer service number for Best Buy credit cards, which is 1-888-574-1301. Make sure you have your credit card and personal information ready.
- Follow the prompts: Listen to the automated system and follow the prompts to navigate to the balance inquiry option.
- Provide necessary details: You may be asked to provide your credit card number, personal identification details, and other security information to access your account.
- Check your balance: Once you have completed the necessary steps, the automated system should provide you with your current credit card balance.
Remember to keep your personal and credit card information secure and never share it with unauthorized individuals. If you encounter any issues or have further questions, it’s always a good idea to reach out to Best Buy customer service or Citi customer service for assistance.
Does the Best Buy credit card affect your credit score?
The Best Buy credit card, which is issued by Citi, can indeed have an impact on your credit score. Here’s a more detailed explanation:
- Credit Reporting: Citi, the issuer of the Best Buy credit card, regularly shares information about your credit card activity with the major credit bureaus (such as Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax). This means that your credit card usage and payment history will be recorded and can influence your credit score.
- Short-Term Impact: When you initially apply for a new credit card, including the Best Buy credit card, it can result in a short-term decline in your credit score. This is because new credit applications typically trigger a hard inquiry on your credit report, which can temporarily lower your score by a few points.
- Responsible Usage: However, if you use your Best Buy credit card responsibly, it can actually have a positive impact on your credit score over time. Making timely payments, keeping your credit utilization ratio low (by not maxing out your credit limit), and maintaining a good payment history can all contribute to a healthier credit score.
- Credit Mix: Another factor to consider is the impact on your credit mix. Having a mix of different types of credit, such as credit cards and loans, can be beneficial for your credit score. So, having a Best Buy credit card can diversify your credit profile and potentially improve your score.
- Overall Credit History: It’s important to note that credit cards, including the Best Buy credit card, are just one aspect of your credit history. Your credit score is influenced by various factors, including your payment history, credit utilization, length of credit history, types of credit, and recent credit inquiries.
Remember, managing your credit responsibly and making timely payments on all your credit accounts, including the Best Buy credit card, is crucial for maintaining a good credit score.
What bank issues the Best Buy Credit Card?
The bank that issues the Best Buy Credit Card is Citibank. Here are some additional details on the Best Buy Credit Card and other Citibank credit cards:
Best Buy Credit Card:
- The Best Buy Credit Card is specifically designed for Best Buy customers, offering them special financing options and rewards on their purchases at Best Buy.
- It allows cardholders to earn rewards on their Best Buy purchases, which can be redeemed for future purchases or other rewards.
- The card also offers promotional financing options, such as interest-free financing for a certain period of time, depending on the purchase amount.
Other Citibank Credit Cards:
- In addition to the Best Buy Credit Card, Citibank offers a variety of other credit cards with different features and benefits.
- One popular Citibank credit card is the Citi Double Cash Card – an 18-month BT offer. It provides cardholders with the opportunity to earn cash back on their purchases. They earn 1% cash back when they make a purchase, and an additional 1% cash back when they pay their bill, effectively earning a total of 2% cash back on every purchase.
- Another Citibank credit card is the Citi Rewards+ Card, which allows cardholders to earn rewards on everyday purchases. It offers points on eligible purchases, rounding up to the nearest 10 points on each purchase. It also provides bonus points on certain categories.
It’s important to note that the availability of these credit cards and their specific features may vary depending on the country or region you are in, so it’s always a good idea to check with Citibank or Best Buy for the most up-to-date information on their credit card offerings.