We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site, Learn more.
This information is for Milestone credit card holders and explains how to manage their account online and contact customer service:
Online account access
To log in to your Milestone Credit Card account online and manage your account, follow these steps:
- Register Your Card: Begin by registering your Milestone Credit Card for online access. Click on the “Register” option and provide your account number, date of birth, and Social Security number. This step is crucial for verifying your credit card account.
- Create User ID and Password: Choose a Milestone Credit Card User ID and password. Remember that these credentials cannot include spaces or special characters.
- Log In: Access your account by visiting the login page on the Concora Credit website. Enter your newly created User ID and password into the appropriate fields, and then click “Log-In.”
- Manage Your Account: Once logged in, you’ll have access to manage your Milestone Credit Card account online. You can perform various tasks, such as paying your credit card bill, viewing credit card statements, monitoring account activity, and updating account information like passwords and automatic payments.
- Forgot Login Information: If you ever forget your login details, click on “Forgot your Username or Password?” on the card login page. Follow the prompts to reset or retrieve your username or password.
Following these steps will allow you to efficiently access and manage your Milestone Credit Card account online.
Customer service – help & pay by phone
If you need assistance or want to make a payment over the phone:
The Milestone Credit Card customer service number is (800) 958-2556. To reach customer service over the phone, call this number and follow the automated prompts after entering your account information. You can also send documents via fax to (503) 268-4711 or inquiries by mail to the address below:
P.O. Box 84059
Columbus, GA 31908-4059
Please note that sending inquiries via mail may take a few business days for a response. For urgent matters, calling is the quickest way to reach Milestone Credit Card customer service. Additionally, consider checking their FAQ web page to see if your questions have already been answered.
For payment, you can pay your Milestone Credit Card bill in several ways:
- Online: Log in to your Milestone Credit Card online account to make a payment and manage your account.
- By Phone: Call Milestone Credit Card customer service at (800) 305-0330 and follow the automated prompts to make a payment.
- By Mail: Send your check or money order to this address:Concora Credit PO Box 84059 Columbus, GA 31908-4059
- Through MoneyGram: Visit the MoneyGram website or locate your nearest MoneyGram location. Provide the following information:
- Company Name: Concora Credit
- Receive Code: 4911
You can also set up automatic payments for your Milestone Credit Card through your online account or by calling (800) 305-0330. This way, the payment amount will be withdrawn from your linked bank account on the scheduled date.
Milestone Credit Card payment address
To make payments by mail, use the following address:
Genesis FS Card Services
PO Box 84059
Columbus, GA 31908-4059
Note: The Milestone Mastercard is issued by the Bank of Missouri and marketed by Concora Credit (formerly Genesis FS Card Services). Both of these institutions provide the mentioned services.
5 Things to know about the Milestone Credit Card
Here are five key things to know about the Milestone credit card:
- Multiple Versions with Annual Fees: There are various versions of the Milestone credit card, and they all come with an annual fee. The specific card you’re offered depends on your application, and examples include the Milestone Mastercard 300 with a $35 annual fee, Milestone Mastercard 301 with a $75 first-year fee and $99 thereafter, and Milestone Mastercard 322 with a $59 annual fee. Applying for pre-qualification won’t affect your credit score, but the formal application process may trigger a credit inquiry.
- Additional Costs Vary: While the three Milestone cards mentioned above can be applied for on their website, there are about 20 other versions of the card with differing features. Some may have steep annual fees, high APRs (interest rates), and monthly maintenance fees that can total up to $150 on top of the annual fee. Additionally, spending beyond your credit limit could result in an overlimit fee of up to $40 if you opt in, which is uncommon among credit cards today.
- Low Credit Limits: The Milestone credit cards typically offer low credit limits, often starting at $300, which can make it easy to exceed your limit, especially considering the annual fee. A high credit utilization ratio (the percentage of credit used compared to the limit) can negatively impact your credit score. Secured cards might offer higher limits, depending on the deposit you make.
- No Security Deposit, Mastercard Acceptance, and Credit Reporting: Unlike many cards for people with poor credit, Milestone credit cards don’t require a security deposit. They are also Mastercards, meaning they can be used wherever Mastercard is accepted. Moreover, Milestone reports your credit activity to all three major credit bureaus, which can help you build or improve your credit score over time.
- Canceling the Card: If you decide to cancel the Milestone credit card, you must contact the issuer; simply not using the card won’t stop the annual fee from being charged. If you cancel before making any purchases, you can get the annual fee refunded. If you’ve already used the card, you’ll need to pay off the balance before canceling. Keep in mind that canceling a card can temporarily lower your credit score due to the initial credit inquiry, but in some cases, it may be financially beneficial if the card doesn’t meet your needs or if you find better options in the future.
In summary, Milestone credit cards are tailored for individuals with poor credit and come with annual fees and potential additional costs. They offer the advantage of no security deposit, Mastercard acceptance, and credit reporting to help improve your credit score, but it’s essential to carefully consider the costs and terms before applying or deciding to cancel the card.
The bottom line
You can log in to your Milestone Credit Card account by visiting the official website and entering your username and password. Once you’re logged in, you can view your balance, transactions, statement, and make or schedule a payment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You can also set up Autopay to ensure your payments are made on time every month. If you forget your username or password, you can retrieve them by clicking on the “Forgot your Username or Password?” link on the login page.
If you prefer to make payments over the phone, you can call Milestone Credit Card customer service at (800) 305-0330 and follow the automated prompts to make a payment.
If you have any questions or concerns about your Milestone Credit Card account, you can contact customer service directly at 1-800-305-0330. You can also send correspondence to Concora Credit PO Box 4477 Beaverton, OR 97076-4477.