We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site, Learn more.
Food Lion offers Western Union money orders at many of its stores. You can buy these money orders with a maximum value of $500 and usually pay less than a dollar as a fee. For specific information on their policy, it’s best to check with the individual store or visit their official website for any additional details or potential changes.
Food Lion is a grocery chain that has evolved significantly and now operates over 1,000 stores across ten states in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. With a focus on delivering a top-notch grocery experience, the company serves over ten million customers weekly. Recently, it completed a $127 million renovation project, revamping most of its stores. These updates include new store layouts and a broader selection of locally sourced products like craft beers and wines.
In addition to groceries, Food Lion offers extra conveniences to its customers. This includes selling gift cards for other retailers and providing financial services such as cashing personal checks, a liberal return policy, and the highest cash back with a debit card. This multi-faceted approach aims to cater to a variety of customer needs beyond just grocery shopping.
Does Food Lion sell money orders?
Food Lion does offer money orders via Western Union at most of its locations. Here’s a breakdown:
- Availability: You can purchase money orders during store hours, typically from 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. at most locations.
- Limits and Fees: The maximum limit for a money order is $500, and the fee for buying one is usually less than $1.
- Payment Options: You can pay for your money order using cash, credit card, or debit card.
- Process: To buy a money order, head to the customer service desk with a valid government-issued ID (like a driver’s license or passport) and the recipient’s full name.
- Assistance: A Food Lion associate will assist you with the purchase at the store.
If you’re unable to access Food Lion or if they don’t provide the specific type of money order you need, there are other places like grocery stores, convenience stores, banks, and more that also offer money order services. You can refer to a comprehensive list of these places to find an alternative option.
Does Food Lion cash money orders?
Food Lion, as per their policy, doesn’t cash money orders. This means if you have a money order and you’re looking to get cash for it, you won’t be able to do that at Food Lion. This practice is pretty common among grocery stores—they usually sell money orders but don’t cash them. If you need to get cash for a money order, your best bet is typically your bank.
Since Food Lion doesn’t cash money orders, it’s important to know where you can go to get one cashed if you need to. Figuring this out might take a bit of searching. But to make it easier for you, we’ve already compiled a list of places where you can cash money orders. You can find that list for reference.
What’s the Food Lion money order limit?
The money order limit at Food Lion is $500 per day. Food Lion offers Western Union money orders at its grocery stores for a small fee. If you require higher limits, consider going to a nearby bank, credit union, or Walmart. Walmart typically sells money orders up to $1,000 per transaction, with a daily limit of $3,000.
What is the Food Lion money order fee?
The fee for purchasing a Western Union money order at Food Lion is typically less than a dollar. However, the exact fee can vary depending on the specific location of the store. They also have a daily limit of $500 per transaction for money orders. It’s a good idea to check the pricing for financial services at your local Food Lion grocery store since fees may differ from one store to another.
How to get a money order at Food Lion?
Getting a money order at Food Lion is straightforward:
- Visit the Customer Service Desk: Head to the Customer Service Desk near the store entrance. Food Lion provides various financial services, including selling stamps, lotto tickets, and offering check cashing and prepaid cards.
- Bring Payment: You can pay for the money order using cash, debit, or credit card. Expect a fee of less than $1.
- Have Identification: Bring a government-issued photo ID and the recipient’s full name. Accepted IDs include a driver’s license, passport, state ID, or military ID.
To track the money order, use Western Union’s transfer tracker with the provided tracking number. If it’s lost, complete a research request form and send it with a $30 nonrefundable fee to Western Union Financial Services Inc. at the specified address or email/fax it to the provided contact information.
What are the Food Lion money order hours?
Food Lion typically offers money order services during their regular store hours. Most Food Lion stores open at 7 am and close at 9 pm. However, it’s best to directly check with your local Food Lion as specific hours can vary by location. Contacting your nearby store ensures you have accurate opening and closing times for money order services.
What is the process to fill out a money order?
Filling out a money order is similar to filling out a check, but with a few differences. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Recipient Information: Write the name of the person or organization who will receive the money order.
- Sender’s Address: Provide your own address or the address from which the money order is being sent.
- Amount: Specify the dollar amount you’re paying.
- Payment: Pay for the money order with cash or a debit/credit card.
Additionally, it’s helpful to have the purpose of the transfer in mind, even though it might not always be required. This includes knowing why you’re sending the money order, though it won’t always be asked for.