We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site, Learn more.
When it comes to printing documents, many people choose Walgreens as their go-to place. This preference is due to Walgreens’ convenient presence across various locations and its extensive printing service options.
In this Article, we aim to present a comprehensive guide on how to print documents at Walgreens. This guide will encompass details about the diverse printing services available at Walgreens, along with the specific file formats that are accepted for printing purposes. Furthermore, we will provide a step-by-step explanation to assist individuals in understanding the process of printing documents at Walgreens. Let’s commence with this informative journey!
Can you print documents at Walgreens?
Yes, you can print documents at Walgreens. They provide options for printing in both black and white and color, allowing you to select different paper sizes based on your needs. Additionally, Walgreens accepts various file formats like PDF, JPG, and TIF for printing your documents.
How to print documents at Walgreens
Printing documents at Walgreens is a simple process. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Service selection: Decide the type of printing service you need. Walgreens provides options like black and white printing, color printing, and large format printing.
- File format selection: Choose the file format of your document. Walgreens accepts various formats like PDF, JPG, and TIF files.
- Paper size choice: Select the preferred paper size for your document.
- Number of copies: Specify the quantity of copies you want to print.
- Printing options: Decide on additional printing preferences, such as double-sided printing or opting for high-quality prints.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your document is all set for printing at Walgreens.
Laminating documents at Walgreens
Laminating documents at Walgreens is not possible. Walgreens doesn’t offer lamination services.
Cost of printing at Walgreens
The price you’ll pay for printing at Walgreens is determined by two main factors: the type of printing service you select and the quantity of copies you require. Here’s a breakdown of the costs based on the size of the paper (8.5 x 11 or 8.5 x 14) and the number of sheets per order:
For 8.5 x 11 sheets:
- 1 to 99 sheets cost $0.25 each
- 100 to 499 sheets cost $0.22 each
- 500 to 999 sheets cost $0.21 each
- 1000 or more sheets cost $0.20 each
For 8.5 x 14 sheets:
- 1 to 99 sheets cost $0.30 each
- 100 to 499 sheets cost $0.27 each
- 500 to 999 sheets cost $0.25 each
- 1000 or more sheets cost $0.24 each
So, the more copies you need, the lower the cost per sheet, and this pricing structure applies differently for each paper size at Walgreens.
Type of files you can print at Walgreens
Walgreens offers printing services for various file formats to cater to customers’ needs. These formats include:
- Microsoft Word (.doc & .docx): Used for text-based documents and reports.
- Microsoft Excel (.xls & .xlsx): Ideal for spreadsheet data and numerical information.
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt & .pptx): Suitable for presentations with slides and visuals.
- Adobe Acrobat (.pdf): Widely accepted for documents with preserved formatting.
- Notepad (.txt): Basic text files that are simple and easy to create.
- WordPad (.rtf): Rich Text Format used for text documents with formatting options.
- Adobe Photoshop (.psd): Specifically for image editing and design projects.
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai): Designed for vector-based illustrations and graphic designs.
- Adobe Systems (.tiff): High-quality image format often used for printing.
- Microsoft Paint (.bmp): Basic image format supported by most systems.
These file types cover a broad spectrum, allowing customers to print various documents, images, and designs at Walgreens with ease.
Printing time at Walgreens
At Walgreens, when it comes to printing, you have two choices: you can either pick up your prints on the same day or opt for delivery, which usually takes about 3 to 5 working days.
However, not every Walgreens store offers same-day pick-up, so it’s a good idea to reach out to your nearby store to confirm its availability. You can easily do this by contacting them directly or using the store locator tool provided by Walgreens on their website. This way, you can ensure you get your prints as quickly as possible based on what’s offered at your local Walgreens outlet.
Printing options at Walgreens
For same-day delivery printing at Walgreens, they offer various document types, sizes, and formats. Here are the details:
- Paper Type: They provide two types of paper: 32 lb laser and 40 lb silk.
- Paper Sizes: You can choose between two sizes: 8.5 x 11 inches and 8.5 x 14 inches.
- Stapled Sheets: You can have documents with up to 25 stapled sheets.
- Hole Punch Options: They offer a 2 or 3-hole punch for your documents.
- Printing Choices: You can select between single or double-sided printing and opt for either black & white or colored prints.
- Wire-Bound Documents: They offer wire-bound documents in 8.5 x 11 inches with a frosted vinyl cover, accommodating up to 75 sheets.
However, there are specific restrictions and choices for same-day delivery:
- Paper Size: For same-day delivery, they offer 11 x 17-inch paper.
- Page Minimum: You need a minimum of 50 pages for this service.
- Stapled Pages: They allow up to 52 stapled pages with a minimum of 2 copies.
- Hole Punch: They offer a 3-hole punch for 8.5 x 14 and 11 x 17-inch papers, for documents ranging from 8 to 200 pages (with a minimum of 1 copy).
- Wire-Bound Choices: They offer wire-bound documents in 8.5 x 14 and 11 x 17 inches, accommodating 8 to 120 pages. Additionally, for this format, they provide a glossy, heavy cardstock cover, with a minimum of 1 copy.
Bindings offered at Walgreens
At Walgreens, you can access different binding services for documents, such as coil, comb, wire, tape, velo, perfect, and thermal binding.
Each binding type has its own advantages depending on factors like the document’s type, page count, and your preferences.
- Coil Binding: Uses plastic coils for a durable and flexible finish.
- Comb Binding: Employs plastic spines with round rings for easy page flipping.
- Wire Binding: Uses metal wires for a sleek and professional look.
- Tape Binding: Uses strips of adhesive tape to secure pages together.
- Velo Binding: Utilizes a strip of plastic with prongs for a secure, tamper-resistant finish.
- Perfect Binding: Involves gluing the document’s spine for a polished appearance.
- Thermal Binding: Uses a heated adhesive to bond pages together.
Choosing the right binding depends on what your document is for, how many pages it has, and what style you prefer. If you’re uncertain which binding suits your needs, the Walgreens team can assist you in selecting the most suitable option for your project.
Can I print a photo from my phone at Walgreens?
Yes, you can print photos directly from your phone at Walgreens. They provide a convenient service through the Walgreens Mobile App, allowing you to upload your images from your phone. After uploading, you can select the print size you prefer.
Once ordered, your prints will be made available for same-day pickup at the nearest Walgreens store. This service is free and enables you to quickly get your prints, which can be used for various purposes like placing them in an album, framing, scrapbooking, or using them in creative crafts.
Printing papers from a phone at Walgreens
You also have the convenient option to print papers directly from your phone using the Walgreens Smartphone App simplifies this process, allowing you to easily select and print your documents. To get started, ensure that you download the Walgreens Smartphone App onto your phone.
Once you have the app, follow the straightforward instructions to select the files you want to print and proceed with the printing process at a nearby Walgreens location.
The bottom line
Walgreens offers fast and user-friendly printing services with options for same-day pickup or delivery within a few days. They accept various file formats, making it convenient for customers. If you’re looking to print a document, Walgreens is a reliable choice. However, for specific details about their printing services, it’s best to contact your nearby Walgreens store directly.